[Wine] Re: Uninstall Adobe Acrobat 7.0

glgxg glgxg at mfire.com.invalid
Mon Mar 19 00:50:52 CDT 2007

G.S. Link wrote:

> The reason this does not work under Wine is that the program uses some
> rather exotic features of Windows that are not in Wine.  Most, and I
> repeat most, of the program will run if you supply the missing routines
> from Windows.  I run only 6 and do not bother with 7 as it has an
> anti-use license.  To remove it just delete.  Under Wine you know, or
> should know, that there are no strange files written in /var for you to
> not find.

That's what I ended up doing (deleting the directories/files).

The reason for uninstalling and re-installing Wine in this case (not
something I'd normally do) is because of the 757K system.reg file in the
.wine directory. It is full of Adobe references & I wouldn't dare edit
it.  Therefore, I'll get around to uninstalling/reinstalling Wine later
tonight or tomorrow.

As for Acrobat. I have 4 and was curious about 7 and seeing if it would
work w/Wine so I figured I'd give the trial CD a try. Oh well I've other
tools that will work just fine except for exporting exotic fonts in
forms... for that I'll just dual boot for now.