[Wine] Re: latest on printing

timmr at atlanticbb.net timmr at atlanticbb.net
Mon Mar 19 00:51:25 CDT 2007

printing failure in WINE > 0.9.24: no driver found, does list cups
printer name in dialog box.
with following versions:
cups 1.2.4 from slackware 11.0
hplip 1.6.9 compiled from source with snmp support for networked
      HP2575 printer
kernel 2.6.18.3 compiled from source
wine versions 0.9.24, 0.9.25, 0.9.26 compiled from source
slackware 11.0 distro

Sorry for skimping on details. My thoughts were that the solution
would be along the lines of the recent fontforge deal. Everyone but me
knew you needed a specific program/version for full functionality.
I grepped my config & make logs but found no hints.
I even looked at the source in what I thought were relevant files
looking for comments that might give a clue. I lurk on wine-dev, but
I am merely a user, so I hate to make extra noise over
there. Hopefully some developers lurk here and can offer clues.