[Wine] Surround sound and Creative EAX in Wine

halfgaar at gmail.com halfgaar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:51:25 CDT 2007

Hi,

When using the Alsa output device, is it possible to configure it to
use a surround sound output, like "surround51" or "surround40"? I found
a few references on the internet, but nothing clear. They talked about
the deprecated wine.cfg, or registry keys I don't have. The winecfg
utility also doesn't allow changing any useful audio setting in this
regard.

Additionally, is it at all possible to get EAX surround sound working?
Games like Half-Life and Call of Duty use it, and it would be really
nice if that would work in wine. My attempts and searches have all
failed so far.

I have wine version 0.9.26.