[Wine] Re: Unable to print - fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_EndPage Already ended a page?

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:51:47 CDT 2007

Jarle Thorsen wrote:
> Duane Clark <junkmail at junkmail.com> writes:
>>> fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_EndPage Already ended a page?
>> Only that last line is an error. The others are normal. I notice that when
>> I run and try to print with coverXP, if I don't first select "Printer
>> setup" and click ok, I have the same problem. Once I do the printer setup
>> step (it is not necessary to actually change anything) and click ok, it
>> seems to print for me.
>>
>> This might indicate some subtle bug in Wine, since presumably it is not
>> necessary to go through the printer setup step every time in Windows.
>
> That seemed to fix my problem. But I was unable to find a place to change
> settings for colour/grayscale printout. Do I have to change that from the
> cups settings, and not from whatever w32 application I am running?

I would give it a try. Normally in this kind of situtation, I would
create several different print queues, each with different default print
options. I haven't tried color/grayscale printing in Wine, so I don't
know how well that works.

The printing area in Wine needs a lot of work, but fortunately a
developer has been doing quite a bit recently (as far as I remember, the
first significant work in several years). So hopefully it will improve
over the next few months.