[Wine] Re: Default file viewer

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:55:33 CDT 2007

richardrosa wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
>   I am running Newsbin Pro under Wine, and it works fairly well.
> However, I cannot read a post. When I try, I get a pop-up "No Viewer
> is Defined for this File Type".  Since Newsbin creates a .txt file for
> viewing, I would assume that it needs a text editor/browser to view
> it.
>
>  Could some kind soul tell me how I can define a viewer to be used
> with this program? I assume that this would be a registry entry
> somewhere pointing to something like notepad.exe.

What version of Wine? From where (compiled, installed binaries)?

Well, if Newsbin uses the registry, try running regedit, click on
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\\.txt (assuming it exists), and see if the default
value is "txtfile".

Then in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Classes\\txtfile\\shell\\open\\command
there should be:
@="c:\\windows\\system32\\notepad.exe %1"