[Wine] Re: Problems with Steam Games (possible others?)

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:55:35 CDT 2007

firemulholland at gmail.com wrote:
>> Yeah. It also happens to others (anybody, I think). For reasons I cannot
>> fathom wine has a hard time grabbing the mouse and keeping it inside a
>> window. For me, I have devised a simple workaround, which involves fvwm,
>> desktops and EdgeResistance.
>
> How hard is this to setup?

Quite easy. You'll need to set the virtual desktop to the same size as
your monitor resolution, so it will cover the entire screen.
Then put this into your ~/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc:
---snip---
EdgeResistance 50 0
DeskTopSize NxM
Style Wine	StartsOnPage X Y, NoTitle
---snip---
Replace N and M by whatever positive integers suit you; fvwm can handle
a few million if you want to...
X and Y count starting at 0
For example, I have N = 3, M = 2, X = 2, Y = 1
Thus, the virtual desktop will automatically be mapped to the bottom
right page.
Let me know if this doesn't work.

Daniel
--