[Wine] Help creating a shortcut in wine

mike.clarkson at baesystems.com mike.clarkson at baesystems.com
Wed Mar 14 20:09:04 CDT 2007

Can anyone help me with how to create a windows shortcut in wine? I
want to create windows shortcuts on a Linux box that windows clients
can then access. I'm trying to use wine to allow me to create the
shortcut on the Linux box. I'm using the wine-0.9.31 version of wine
on Fedora Core 5. I've tried two approaches, both fail.

I've tried using an autohotkey script. This script runs in wine and
creates a shortcut, but the shortcut has no target, and wine returns
the below fixme error. This script works fine on a windows box.

Here is the script:
   #NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future
AutoHotkey releases.
   SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior
speed and reliability.
   ; %1% (argument #1) - shortcut target (include the full absolute
path)
   ; %2% (argument #2) - name of the shortcut, include the .lnk
extension
   ; check to make sure that the correct # of parameters were passed
in
   if %0% < 2
   {
     MsgBox This script requires 2 parameters but received %0%.
     ExitApp
   }
   FileCreateShortcut, %1%, %2%

Here is the error:
   Z:\home\mike>"C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey.exe"
create_shortcut.ahk "Z:\home\mike\test.txt" "shortcut_test.txt.lnk"
   Z:\home\mike>fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented
action: 8192 (SPI_GETFOREGROUNDLOCKTIMEOUT)

My other approach was to use VBScript to create a shortcut. See
Bugzilla Bug 7659 on http://bugs.winehq.org/

If there are other methods for creating a shortcut that work in wine,
please let me know.
Thanks for any help