[Wine] Re: Bug in WINE: Is there a chance that Crossover is free of that bug?

Mantar, Feyelno nek dusa mantar.feyelno at YourPantiesSirWilliamfrontiernet.net
Wed Mar 14 21:34:31 CDT 2007

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 23:37:09 -0700, Andreas Borutta wrote:

> My question:
> Is Crossover "technically" identic to Wine? Is there a chance that
> Crossover will not have a bug, which Wine has?

 No, Crossover is different from wine. While based on Wine, (and giving a
lot back, unlike certain other companies I could name) Codeweavers
maintains a staff of programmers working on bugfixes and integration for
various supported programs. Some things that don't work yet in Wine do
work under Crossover.
 OTOH, Dreamweaver 8 doesn't appear to work with the latest crossover,
according to their website.
 Hmm.... A quick search of their forums says it can work, but no mention
about cut-and-paste problems or lack thereof. You might try asking around
there.

 Even if that doesn't work, if you have a Windows license, you could
install Windows under a virtual machine such as Qemu (free), or Vmware
(commercial).

--
 - Mantar  --- Drop YourPantiesSirWilliam to email me.