[Wine] Re: Bug in WINE: Is there a chance that Crossover is free of that bug?

Andreas Borutta borumat at gmx.de
Fri Mar 16 02:53:42 CDT 2007

Mantar wrote:

>> Is Crossover "technically" identic to Wine? Is there a chance that
>> Crossover will not have a bug, which Wine has?
>
>  No, Crossover is different from wine. While based on Wine, (and giving a
> lot back, unlike certain other companies I could name) Codeweavers
> maintains a staff of programmers working on bugfixes and integration for
> various supported programs. Some things that don't work yet in Wine do
> work under Crossover.

Thanks.
May be the best would be to try the trial of crossover.

>  Even if that doesn't work, if you have a Windows license, you could
> install Windows under a virtual machine such as Qemu (free), or Vmware
> (commercial).

Yes, I know that tools, but DW is the only Windows application which I
really want to use under Linux.
And I'm so near with its usage under WINE. Just the clipboard does not work.
Sure it is essential. But I want to avoid using VM machines absolutely.

Regards, Andreas