[Wine] Java-1.4.2 not installing - video issues.

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at iol.ie
Mon Mar 19 16:47:03 CDT 2007

I took another pass at trying to install this, and failed again with
video issues.
I have Fedora 5 and a nvidia MX-440 video card (To the uninitiated
that's the sort they give away in breakfast cereal boxes - quite old 4x
agp w/64MB)

This time, I ran as windows 2000, ran under winedbg to slow things
slightly. So I uninstalled fedora's highly cooked current video drivers,
installed a debug 2.6.20 kernel and debug flavour of highly cooked
nvidia-legacy drivers (Version 1.07<splash>). Glxinfo got offended at
being asked, and glxgears didn't. Then I found that I had "nofb" as a
kernel boot option, and removing that sorted things. glxinfo says nice
things, and loads of extensions. glx & glu are version 1.3, opengl is
1.5.3, and glxgears gives 2263 - faster than with the newer drivers.
But it still bombs. Any suggestions on a suitable WINEDEBUG variable
setting to get to the bottom of this video error?

WINEDEBUG=<your bright idea>?

Smile Duane - I got your final two errors in addition to the snipped
errors everyone gets
as you can see. Can anyone suggest sensible traces to

[SNIP OF COMMON ERRORS]
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"RemoveDuplicateFiles"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"RemoveFolders"
fixme:font:WineEngAddFontResourceEx Ignoring flags 10
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33eaa0,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),1,0x33eaa0,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetAvailableTextureMem (0x1d3840) : stub,
simulating 64MB for now, returning 64MB left
fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x529dc0)->((nil),00001008)
err:d3d_surface:IWineD3DSurfaceImpl_BltOverride Wrong surface type for
BLT override(not on swapchain) !
fixme:d3d_surface:IWineGDISurfaceImpl_Blt Can't handle DDBLT_WAIT flag
right now.
fixme:d3d_surface:IWineD3DSurfaceImpl_UnlockRect unsupported unlocking
to Rendering surface surf at 0x521810 usage(WINED3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET)
err:d3d:state_multisampleaa Multisample antialiasing not supported by gl
err:d3d:tex_resultarg WINED3DTSS_RESULTARG not supported yet
err:d3d:tex_resultarg WINED3DTSS_RESULTARG not supported yet
err:d3d:tex_resultarg WINED3DTSS_RESULTARG not supported yet
err:d3d:tex_resultarg WINED3DTSS_RESULTARG not supported yet
err:d3d:tex_resultarg WINED3DTSS_RESULTARG not supported yet
err:d3d:tex_resultarg WINED3DTSS_RESULTARG not supported yet
fixme:d3d_surface:IWineD3DSurfaceImpl_LoadTexture >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 501
from glCopyTexImage2D @ surface.c / 1800
fixme:d3d_surface:IWineD3DSurfaceImpl_LoadTexture >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 501
from glCopyTexImage2D @ surface.c / 1800

This last line line repeated a total of 32 times then

fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x529dc0)->((nil),00000008)
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DStateBlockImpl_Release Releasing primary stateblock
err:heap:HEAP_ValidateInUseArena Heap 0x110000: in-use arena 0x160ef8
next block has PREV_FREE flag
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"ScheduleReboot"
Invalid address (0x7b8702ee start_process+0xee) for breakpoint 0,
disabling it
Process of pid=000a has terminated