[Wine] Direct DVD-RW access possible?

Zoltan Boszormenyi zboszor at dunaweb.hu
Wed Mar 21 04:37:26 CDT 2007

Hi,

I found that my DVD-RW supports LabelFlash/DiskT at 2
and after killing the SCSI command filter in the kernel
I was able to successfully burn labels on some DVD-Rs
with Nero 7 Premium as well as Yamaha's LabelFlash
Index Maker from VMWare.
Is it possible to access the DVD-RW directly from Wine
so I don't have to use VMWare for this task?

BTW, LabelFlash Index Maker happily runs with Wine
after providing it with the native gdiplus.dll. It doesn't use
any installer, it just have to be unzipped.
http://www.yamaha.co.jp/product/av/labelflash/en/lim.html

Nero 7[.2.7.0] still doesn't want to be installed in Wine.

Wine version is 0.9.32 from Fedora Extras 6.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi