[Wine] Lotus Notes and Daylight Saving Time

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Fri Mar 23 07:42:22 CDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 11:53 +0100, Goesta.Smekal at wiener.hilfswerk.at
wrote:

> wine-users-bounces at winehq.org schrieb am 22.03.2007 10:31:10:
>
> > Have you considered running one of the time clients on your linux,
> and
> > syncing off a time server that suits your need as a more final
> solution.
>
> We do use ntpdate.
If this is in cron, you can simply add the hwclock command in cron as
well.

> > When my box was regularly dual booted, this hour difference came in
> > regularly, and I would simply run a hwclock command (hwclock
> -hctosys)
> > to sync linux, as windows kept the hwclock pretty straight, but
> linux
> > was always adding or subtracting an hour.
>
> We do not dual-boot

Me neither (any more)

> > One can disable daylight saving in windows, and there is a registry
> > key...
>
> I did consider that, but was not (yet) successful finding the
> registry-key ... some os do lack freely available documentation ;-)

Discover grep. You can run 'wine regedit' Edit/Find and enter daylight

That takes me to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/Current
Version/Timezones

Have fun there.

--
Declan Moriarty <junk_mail at iol.ie>