[Wine] Debugging my first app

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Mon Mar 26 11:15:24 CDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 18:57 +0200, Luca Ottaviano wrote:
> Hi everybody, I'm trying to run 'The typing of the dead'.
> When I start the application, it crashes with the log attached. I've
> tried to track down the faulty function, I've used WINEDEBUG=+seh, but I
> don't know what to look for.
> Any hints?

ALSA lib seq_hw.c:456:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed:
Fix your sound in linux. Maybe modules not loaded?

try

WINEDEBUG=+ddraw+dll wine <your_app> >bugfile 2>&1

[crash], then

less bugfile

look at the winehq site. The developer stuff also. Half of the tricks
are in there.
Also emulate different versions (change that in winecfg)