[Wine] IE Failure to Import Data

Quantum Scientific Info at quantum-sci.com
Tue Mar 27 11:48:20 CDT 2007

Hello,

I've installed IE in Debian Etch, only because the real estate websites I must access absolutely require IE.  I used IEs4Linux to install IE6, and it went flawlessly.  IE works fine to surf websites.

I must pull a report using ToolkitCMA.com.  This site installs alot of IE addons (mainly report templates and an ActiveX control to print pdf's), and the install of these seems to go without a hitch, using IE6 over Wine.  I start specifying what I want in the report, and this goes well until it needs to transfer me to another secure site (NWMLS.com), where the actual data is acquired.

But it doesn't know what site to refer me to, and this is the problem.  It says (screenshot attached):
Select MLS Interface
No MLS Interfaces Configured!
Contact Tech. Support at (800) 828-0970

So I contacted tech support, and they told me how to reinstall the forms templates, ActiveX controls, etc into IE6, which I did, but same problem.  I have asked this question in the IEs4Linux forum, but no response as it isn't very active.

When I start IE6wine from the command-line I can see some errors during the failure, but not sure whether they are relevant.  At the time that it goes to the failure screen:

fixme:hook:IsWinEventHookInstalled (32773)-stub!
fixme:hook:IsWinEventHookInstalled (32773)-stub!
fixme:hook:IsWinEventHookInstalled (32773)-stub!
fixme:hook:IsWinEventHookInstalled (32773)-stub!
fixme:hook:IsWinEventHookInstalled (32773)-stub!
fixme:hook:IsWinEventHookInstalled (32773)-stub!
fixme:hook:IsWinEventHookInstalled (32773)-stub!
fixme:hook:IsWinEventHookInstalled (32773)-stub!
fixme:hook:IsWinEventHookInstalled (32773)-stub!
fixme:hook:IsWinEventHookInstalled (32773)-stub!
fixme:hook:IsWinEventHookInstalled (32773)-stub!
fixme:hook:IsWinEventHookInstalled (32773)-stub!
fixme:hook:IsWinEventHookInstalled (32773)-stub!
fixme:hook:IsWinEventHookInstalled (32773)-stub!
err:winspool:WINSPOOL_GetDriverInfoFromReg Can't find driver L"Alps" in registry
err:winspool:WINSPOOL_GetDriverInfoFromReg Can't find driver L"Downstairs_Color" in registry
err:winspool:WINSPOOL_GetDriverInfoFromReg Can't find driver L"Downstairs_Color_PCL" in registry
err:winspool:WINSPOOL_GetDriverInfoFromReg Can't find driver L"lj" in registry
err:winspool:WINSPOOL_GetDriverInfoFromReg Can't find driver L"Upstairs_Mailroom" in registry
fixme:hook:IsWinEventHookInstalled (32773)-stub!
fixme:hook:IsWinEventHookInstalled (32773)-stub!

... and this is it.  The only real complaint is that the printers are not installed, but I find them in system.reg.  And the only guidance the docs provide is that printers will work in Wine as long as they work in Cups.  Mine work in Cups.

Previously I was getting another error with this, but I found in the terminal window that Wine wanted MFC42.DLL.  So I lifted this from a Win2000 install, and it resolved this error.

But I still can not access the MLS.  Does anyone have an idea why?