[Wine] IE Failure to Import Data

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Wed Mar 28 07:34:05 CDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 09:48 -0700, Quantum Scientific wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've installed IE in Debian Etch, only because the real estate websites
>  I must access absolutely require IE.  I used IEs4Linux to install IE6,
>  and it went flawlessly.  IE works fine to surf websites.

I have heard IE described as a large security hole with a small browser
attached :-P.

> I must pull a report using ToolkitCMA.com.  This site installs alot of
>  IE addons (mainly report templates and an ActiveX control to print
>  pdf's), and the install of these seems to go without a hitch, using
>  IE6 over Wine.  I start specifying what I want in the report, and this
>  goes well until it needs to transfer me to another secure site
>  (NWMLS.com), where the actual data is acquired.

To quote the Kerryman when asked for directions:
"You know, if I were you, I wouldn't start from here at all!" :-)

That may not be much use to the foreign tourist in Kerry, but for you
there is an alternative: Some bright spark has written an IE type plugin
for Firefox, to allow firefox to simulate IE. I was on the firefox site
and saw it in passing at some link from  http://www.mozilla.com

Now that I've mentioned it, you sound like the perfect person to try it
out and let us know if it's any good :-D.