[Wine] Wine default font

David A. Woyciesjes david.woyciesjes at yale.edu
Wed Mar 28 12:15:14 CDT 2007

Declan Moriarty wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 11:04 +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
>> Hi winers!
>>
>> I'd like to change the default Wine font, I think it uses the Windows
>> font "System" or "Fixed". I found where I can set the font replacements
>> in the wine registry, and set System and Fixed to use a Bitstream font
>> instead, but it didn't seem to have an effect. Could anyone tell me how
>> to set the font to something else?
>>
>> Any tips/pointers would be appreciated.
>>
> I trust you have fonts.dir & fonts.scale in the all font directories? I
> keep meaning to sort this out myself. I have the same problem. I'm on
> FC5 using their standard gnome setup, and one of the default fonts is
> UltraUltraBoldSuperCondensed :-(.
>
> Have you made sure all windoze fonts are in /etc/X11/Xorg.conf (or
> equivelant?)

	Hmmm, this might help with my Wine/MeetingMaker 7.5 issue (from 3/20,
not all fonts not displaying). I don't have either fonts.dir or
fonts.scale in my ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts directory. Where can I
find out more about these files?
	As for /etc/X11/xorg.conf, should I adjust the Section "Files" to look
like this?

Section "Files"

# RgbPath is the location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name
of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
         RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
         FontPath     "unix/:7100"
	FontPath     "~/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts"
EndSection

--
--- David Woyciesjes