[Wine] Low FPS in app that requires DirectX6.1

Poddubchak Sergey serhii.piddubchak at etadirect.com
Thu May 3 01:48:14 CDT 2007

Declan Moriarty wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 18:34 +0300, Poddubchak Sergey wrote:
>
>> I have some intel graphics chip.. don't remember exactly, but it is no important
>> because glxinfo says all is ok and 3D acceleration works because i can play
>> DeusEx for example :)
>
> It actually is important. Some have very poor support. try lspci -v or
> scanpci -v and paste the stuff if it doesn't give you an exact number
> for the card.
>
> Various cards work best on one of
> 	X drivers
> 	Vesa drivers
> 	DRI properly implemented.
>
> So what have you?

I've remembered that i have i945GM. I can't access my laptop right now to get
output from lspci or scanpci, but I'm shure it is i945GM. And i should note that
other 3D games runs very fine, under Wine or through SDL or whereve it was,
games requiring 3D acceleration runs smoothly except of SS2 under Wine layer, so
i suppose it is not a problem in my drivers or hardware.

Now i think that this line may block proper operation:

fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_ValidateDevice (0x7f0a3458) : stub

Does anybody know if this ValidateDevice function(interface) can be important in
this case?