[Wine] Heavy Weather / Serial Port issues

Detlef Riekenberg wine-users at web.de
Thu May 10 10:06:43 CDT 2007

On Mi, 2007-05-09 at 20:57 -0500, Dan Armbrust wrote:
> With an older version of wine (same hardware) - this took
> about 2 seconds to get all 15 fields.  Now, it takes about 5 seconds
> _per field_ to get the data.  Eventually, all of the fields fill in -
> but CPU usage stays locked at 100% - and any interaction that I try to
> have with the application is really slow.

If the App has no options to configure the Serial Port,
it may use the default COM-Settings.

Old Wine versions returned always 38400 as Baud-Rate and
Hardware-Handshake for the Flow-Control.
This was fixed recently.

To get an idea, what the app is doing, start the app with:

WINEDEBUG="+comm,+tid" wine <yourapp.exe> 2>&1 | tee logfile.txt

Please add the App to the AppDB: http://appdb.winehq.org/

Create a bug for your serial speed Problem, and attach the logfile.

Thanks.

Does the Serial connection works with an older Wine?

--

By by ... Detlef