[Wine] Heavy Weather / Serial Port issues

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Fri May 11 03:46:05 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 22:27 -0500, Dan Armbrust wrote:
> I'll create the bug report and gather some better info and full logs
> when I get some additional free time next week.
>
> In the meantime - here are some snippits from a comm and tid log that
> I generated, if they provide any insight:

Someone mentioned wine com ports are set at 38400 by default. Can you
set what your hardware does? It could well be 9600. You may need root to
access the port. Check. I do.

Can you tell if the box is actually getting any information? Do any
lights come on or sucklike that give you an idea? I think it's retrying
to send, _perhaps_ not holding back data because the first lot didn't
go. Windows ports are set to 9600 by default, iirc. Certainly older
windows versions throw this up.

With comm problems, and linux, a further check exists. You can use
setserial to set up comm 2 (or another box), link comm 1 to comm 2 (On 9
pin leads 2 - 3; 3 - 2; 5 - 5) will usually do it if you turn off
hardware flow control, or get a 'laplink' lead. Make sure you have
software flow control, and a parity bit.

Then 'dd if=/dev/ttyS<integer>  of=myfile bs=1 count=10000  will get you
10K of what it says.
--
Declan Moriarty <junk_mail at iol.ie>