[Wine] Re: Porting a Win32 application using Winelib...

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat May 12 11:11:17 CDT 2007

On 5/12/07, Rod <rodzilla at free.fr> wrote:
> Here's a very small example that consists of:
> - a wine dll
> - a wine exe that uses that dll
> - a linux exe that tries to use the DLL and crashes

Oh, I didn't realize you were trying to do that.
It's not currently supported.
You simply can't use wine dlls from linux exes.
You can use linux dlls from wine exes, though.

It would probably be a good summer project to
figure out how to support using wine dlls from
linux exes.  You'd probably have to start the
linux exe using wine's preloader, or something...
- Dan