[Wine] Using an already installed Linux JRE from WINE

E Mee riggald at googlemail.com
Sat May 19 16:23:36 CDT 2007

I've installed the Windows application Open WorkBench*  which is coded
in C, C++ and Java.

When I install it under WINE, it installs fine, but when I run it, it
gives a 'JRE is not installed' error message.

I have a Linux JRE already installed.

Do I have to install a Windows JRE?  Or is there a way of telling WINE
about the Linux JRE I already have installed?

* Open WorkBench is a mature, feature complete, project planning and
scheduling tool for Windows.

It's freeware, and (practically all) the source is available at sourceforge.

It is the direct descendent of ABT/Hoskyn's PMW (Project Manager
Workbench), which used to sell at UK£1500 (~US$3000) per seat, last I
checked.  At one point it was the class-leading software, until
corporates began to get Microsoft Project bundled free in their
enterprise Office licences.