[Wine] Running .NET programs under Wine

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri May 25 02:39:54 CDT 2007

I want to run AutoWikiBrowser, which is a browser especially optimised
for editing Wikipedia:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP%3AAWB

It's open source, but it's only available as a .NET 2 program for
Windows. I try to run it and I get:

    fun at paris:~/My Downloads$ AutoWikiBrowser/AutoWikiBrowser.exe
    install the Windows version of Mono to run .NET executables

I install Mono for Windows 1.2.4. I try again, and I get:

    fun at paris:~/My Downloads$ AutoWikiBrowser/AutoWikiBrowser.exe
    Stacktrace:

So ... what do I try next? wine --version gives 0.9.33 (Ubuntu
Feisty). Is it worth trying 0.9.37?

- d.