[Wine] About Parallel Port Driver

Detlef Riekenberg wine-users at web.de
Sun May 27 07:10:29 CDT 2007

On Fr, 2007-05-25 at 14:48 +0800, Zhongli Xu wrote:
> I have a .sys driver for parallel port communication.
> But it seems wine didn't support loading the driver.

As the first step, you should try to avoid the special Driver
and use the Parallelport-Driver from Windows.
The default Location in the ObjectManager for
the first Parallel Port is: "\Device\Parallel0".
(HKLM\Hardware\Devicemap\Parallel Ports\")

But Parallel Ports are unsupported in wine yet....
(For serial Ports, the Driver is: "dlls\ntdll\serial.c")

> And directly accessing to parallel port is not allowed on the XP
> host,
> therefore _outp and _inp are useless.

You need to use the Windows-API for the access:
CreateFile / ReadFile / WriteFile and DeviceIOControl.

I do not know, if this need Admin-Rights...

--

By by ... Detlef