[Wine] Installing MS JVM

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Fri Nov 2 05:21:44 CDT 2007

On Thursday November 1 2007 20:51, M. Bashir Al-Noimi wrote:
> Hi all  ;-) ,
>

> I tried to install "Microsoft Java Virtual Machine" on Wine, but it
> showed me this error message! (jvm-1.png), after end of installation i
> tried to run a program using MS JVM, then wine appeared this error
> message (jvm-2.png)
>

> note:
>
> I tried to install "SUN Java Virtual Machine (JRE)" it worked well, but
> MS JVM didn't work!

	If you don't need MS JVM for some specific purpose - use Sun JVM instead. But
unfortunately sometimes people really need MS JVM.
	Currently MS JVM doesn't work with WINE out-of-the-box. It is in my TODO list
to find out why and maybe find workaround to make it work for everyone who
really need it along with creating useful bug reports.
	Personally, I have it working in my WINE prefix directory with IE but it
isn't "simple" installation of IEs4Linux - it is even worse (in other words:
even more native overrides, even more additional native things installed).
And MS JVM was installed there incorrectly but it works. However I have very
little free time currently so I cannot say when I find enough time for this
issue. I think I need to find the time finally to look into this issue again
because there is a lot of people who want to use MS JVM for one reason or
another.