[Wine] Should I report my problem in Bugzilla? Outcast problem.

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Fri Nov 2 10:27:50 CDT 2007

On Friday November 2 2007 14:19, Rémi G. wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I'm trying to play Outast with wine 0.9.48 and wine fails with :
>
> Can't find master volume control
> fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x34f820,0x00000000), stub!
> fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_Release (0x1352c0) Device released with
> resources still bound, acceptable but unexpected
> fixme:d3d:dumpResources Leftover resource 0x134748 with type
> 1,WINED3DRTYPE_SURFACE
>
> Nevertheless, this game was working with wine some years ago as I saw in
> the application database :
> http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=2612

	You may help to fix the bug if you find the patch that broke the game. See
http://wiki.winehq.org/RegressionTesting . But before trying to start
regression test please report the bug first (maybe someone else will find
quick solution or suggest something useful).

> So my question is : where should I report my problem? Should I report it
> in Bugzilla even if I don't have coding skills and I don't know anything
> about wine? :p

	Yes. In fact who have coding skills and enough time can fix problem
themselves - they don't need to report bug; they just can send a fix instead.
Of course, most users aren't programmers, have little free time, etc. but
they can find bugs - and this is why bugzilla exists.

> Besides, I see these lines in other bugs so I wonder if it's necessary
> to report it...

	Rule of thumb: if some lines in terminal output in other bugs looks similar
this doesn't mean that they are duplicates. If you don't know - simply report
a bug.