[Wine] odd devel question

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Fri Nov 2 20:45:02 CDT 2007

On Friday November 2 2007 23:45, Larry Lynch-Freshner wrote:
> OK, I think I'm trying to do something different here, and I'm not even
> sure if I should be on this list or the devel list.
>
> I'm trying to call wine library Windows functions from a Linux library.

	You cannot call Windows functions from Linux library or executable.

	Currently you have 3 options:
	1) Create a Windows application/library instead of a Linux
application/library.
	2) Create a winelib application which will require WINE to work but can
access Linux libraries; you will face some restrictions however: for example
you will need to use Windows synchronization primitives instead of the
pthreads ones.
	3) Read http://wiki.winehq.org/WinePluginApi and
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2006-April/046779.html for more
information and implement this yourself so you can use WINE API in Linux
applications and libraries. This is best solution but it require a lot of
time and effort.

	Thank you for using WINE.