[Wine] Which is the latest Wine that has DGA support?

Detlef Riekenberg wine-users at web.de
Fri Nov 9 06:58:10 CST 2007

On Mi, 2007-11-07 at 23:33 +0100, James Huk wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to find wine that can make use of DGA (with new Linux
> distros like my Debian 4.0).

DGA might be unsupported in the X-Server (was deprecated a long time
ago) and most GFX-Card drivers droped DGA-Support.

Are you sure, that your System has a working DGA-Support?

> I need it  because I want to run Fallout 2 with acceptable speed -
> right now it is unplayable (without DGA).

Did you already try the OpenGL backend (DirectDrawRenderer)?
http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys

> So far I tested wine 0.9.15 and some above - and no luck. I

http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=history;f=dlls/winex11.drv/Makefile.in

The last version with DGA before 29 July 2006 was wine-0.9.18, but
DGA-Support was broken at that time.

>  guess I should look for older Wine but which one exactly?

The big DirectDraw-patch was on 31 May 2006, so you can try wine-0.9.14
or below.

--

By by ... Detlef