[Wine] Should I report my problem in Bugzilla? Outcast problem.

"Rémi G." remjg at free.fr
Fri Nov 9 16:25:43 CST 2007

I still have many difficulties with git...

I've first tried to install Wine 0.9 with the patches you give me :

*********
git-reset wine-0.9
gi-checkout -f
patch -p1 < 0.9-wrc-parser.diff
patch -p1 < 0.9-kernel-time.diff
patch -p1 < 0.9-gdi-freetype-old.diff
./configure && make depend && make
*********

And I got a new error :

*********
preloader.o: In function `map_so_lib':
/home/remjg/wine-git/loader/preloader.c:734: undefined reference to
`__stack_chk_fail'
preloader.o: In function `wld_printf':
/home/remjg/wine-git/loader/preloader.c:360: undefined reference to
`__stack_chk_fail'
collect2: ld a retourné 1 code d'état d'exécution
make[1]: *** [wine-preloader] Erreur 1
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /home/remjg/wine-git/loader »
make: *** [loader] Erreur 2
*********

I've also tried to compile Wine 0.9.10 and, as you write it in your
reverse regression testing guide, it works if I apply the patch you give
(but I can't run it because of a segmentation fault... not important in
my case).
Therefore, I tried a regression test to find a solution to my error :

*********
remjg at remjg-laptop:~/wine-git$ git-bisect reset
Already on branch "master"
remjg at remjg-laptop:~/wine-git$ git-bisect start
remjg at remjg-laptop:~/wine-git$ git-bisect good wine-0.9
remjg at remjg-laptop:~/wine-git$ git-bisect bad wine-0.9.10
Bisecting: 1306 revisions left to test after this
fatal: Untracked working tree file 'dlls/advapi32/tests/.gitignore'
would be overwritten by merge.
*********

Then, I follow your instructions but bitsecting seems not to work
(because of the last error? "fatal:Untrac...").
I don't know what to do.. And all Git documentation is in english so
it's difficult for me :s
Any ideas?