[Wine] Should I report my problem in Bugzilla? Outcast problem.

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Fri Nov 9 21:54:41 CST 2007

On Friday November 9 2007 22:25, Rémi G. wrote:
> And I got a new error :

	This is because you have different distribution with different libraries. So
this is expected and this is exactly why I wrote reverse regression testing
guide.

> I've also tried to compile Wine 0.9.10 and, as you write it in your
> reverse regression testing guide, it works if I apply the patch you give
> (but I can't run it because of a segmentation fault... not important in
> my case).

	This is just another incompatibility. See
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2007-June/057650.html for
solution - it may help.

> Then, I follow your instructions but bitsecting seems not to work
> (because of the last error? "fatal:Untrac...").

	If you get fatal errors from any git command you should stop and fix them
before continuing.

> Therefore, I tried a regression test to find a solution to my error :
>
> *********
> remjg at remjg-laptop:~/wine-git$ git-bisect reset
> Already on branch "master"
> remjg at remjg-laptop:~/wine-git$ git-bisect start
> remjg at remjg-laptop:~/wine-git$ git-bisect good wine-0.9
> remjg at remjg-laptop:~/wine-git$ git-bisect bad wine-0.9.10
> Bisecting: 1306 revisions left to test after this
> fatal: Untracked working tree file 'dlls/advapi32/tests/.gitignore'
> would be overwritten by merge.
> *********

	This is the error I get sometimes if I forget to run "make distclean;
git-checkout -f" before executing "git-bisect bad/good". There is legitimate
reasons for this error so this is not a bug. But sometimes it may be a little
annoying. Try to run this:

git-clean -d
git-checkout -f

	Does this help? Please note that this will erase all untracked files in WINE
source directory. This is typical and very useful clean up procedure so it is
good practice to avoid non-autogenerated untracked files in directory with
git-tree.

> I don't know what to do.. And all Git documentation is in english so
> it's difficult for me :s
> Any ideas?

	As I have said before if this is too hard/annoying for you then you should
think about sending the game to me and I'll return it back to you when done
with regression testing. Of course if you enjoy learning git and
solving "strange" problems I will do my best to help you remotely.
	Thank you for using WINE.