[Wine] Starcraft / DirectDrawRenderer = opengl

Antony Riley cyberiantiger at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 08:29:47 CST 2007

I'm having a problem with the directdraw opengl renderer and StarCraft
on wine 0.9.49.

When I run starcraft with the opengl renderer, only 1x1 pixel is
displayed stretched to full screen size.

The other settings have no effect, (Other than RenderTargetLockMode =
readtext, if I leave this at default StarCraft crashes, but this is
known about).

I've updated my graphics drivers to the latest and I have the same
problem, so I'm fairly sure this is a wine issue rather than an nvidia
graphics drivers issue. (other games run fine, including diablo II)

I'm quite happy digging through the wine source and coming up with a
patch, but I don't really know where to start, it seems like it's a
simple problem and would be fairly easy to solve if I can find the
offending line(s) of code. I've run with WINEDEBUG="+d3d,+ddraw", but
there doesn't seem to be anything amiss here with the screen
resolution. The only errors I get to the console are:

fixme:advapi:SetSecurityInfo stub
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33f458,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:xrandr:X11DRV_XRandR_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 8
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_Release (0x128898) Device released with
resources still bound, acceptable but unexpected
fixme:d3d:dumpResources Leftover resource 0x1280f8 with type
1,WINED3DRTYPE_SURFACE
err:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_Release Context array not freed!

They're mostly harmless, the only one which might have anything to do
with it is the xrandr line.

-Antony