[Wine] Install Jack Bridge

Jack jjjiom at manx.net
Thu Nov 15 09:16:48 CST 2007

Sorry to trouble you but I have been trying to install a bridge game
called Jack. Read many forums and checked your application database.
tried numerous suggestions but nothing seems to work.
communicated with the developers of Jack and received this reply:
 "We also installed Ubuntu to see whether migrating to Linux is an
option. If we have the time I will install wine and look into the
problem. But this is only a side project and I am sure you understand
I have to give priority to other things."
When installing from the original disk I received a message: remove
debugger and try again. There's a registration code associated with this
program.
Installed on a Vista system and received the message insert CD disk in
drive but it won't recognize the disk. I have configured wine to
associate the program with Drive D. My personal opinion is that Vista
will not allow you to do much. Updated the program and now, Vista is
looking for a CD.
Install on a 98 system, and receive the same message.
There is a number of comments and suggestions regarding burning movies
from DVDs but couldn't find anything pertain to a Cd and my problem.
I have been able to install other bridge games but these are fairly old.

I am using Ubuntu 7.10 and version 9.49 of Wine. Today. I tried to
install with the new version of wine received this message:
/.wine/drive_c/Jack$ wine jack.exe

Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not
accessible.

Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not
accessible.

fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly
L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"

err:shell:SHGetFolderPathW Failed to create directory L"c:\\windows\
\profiles\\jack\\Local Settings\\Temporary Internet Files".

err:shell:SHGetFolderPathW Failed to create directory L"c:\\windows\
\profiles\\jack\\Local Settings\\History".

err:shell:SHGetFolderPathW Failed to create directory L"c:\\windows\
\profiles\\jack\\Cookies".

Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not
accessible.

Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not
accessible.

Whatever suggestions you may have, would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Jack