[Wine] Can't get OpenGL to work

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sat Nov 17 02:07:47 CST 2007

On Friday November 16 2007 23:23, Markus Hitter wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> today I've tried to use two applications which claim to use OpenGL
> (Catia, oZone3D)

	Is downloadable demo available for these applications?

> Each time I start one of these applications, they claim to find no
> OpenGL library. Since I can run glxgears (~1400fps) in Ubuntu
> directly, I consider my graphics to work fine and point my finger
> towards Wine.
>
> With googling, I found the hint to use --enable-opengl, but this
> changes exactly nothing.
>
> Any idea on how to debug this situation? A small, known to work
> OpenGL/Windows application perhaps? Any flags I could set to get some
> additional hints?

	If you don't get any errors related to OpenGL when starting WINE and you have
latest binary drivers for your videocard correctly installed then everything
should work for you.
	What videocard and drivers do you have? Does other applications work for you?
For example, "wine notepad"? Can you play Windows 3D games?

	Thank you for using WINE.