[Wine] 3D accelleration and Intel 940/945GM/GMS/GML

JusTiCe8 justice8 at orange.fr
Thu Nov 22 16:57:01 CST 2007

Hi,

is there anyone here who succeed to run any 3D software at good speed
with such 3D hardware ?
On my side, 3D accelleration is ok with Xorg and pure linux game (xmoto
for example run really fine).
Is there anything to do with Wine to allow programs runs under it to
work as "native" Linux software ?

Have I miss something somewhere ? (I think of wine compilation and
especially configure step, cause strangely, Mesa is used here but for
accelerated 3D gfx, whereas usually Mesa means software rendering).

Configure output regarding 3D (seems to be ok, right ?):

checking for XkbQueryExtension in -lX11... yes
checking for -lXi... not found
checking for XShmQueryExtension in -lXext... yes
checking for XShapeQueryExtension in -lXext... yes
checking for XF86VidModeQueryExtension in -lXxf86vm... yes
checking for -lXrender... libXrender.so.1
checking for XRenderSetPictureTransform in -lXrender... yes
checking for GL/gl.h... yes
checking for GL/glx.h... yes
checking for GL/glext.h... yes
checking for GL/glu.h... yes
checking for up-to-date OpenGL version... yes
checking for -lGL... libGL.so.1
checking for gluLookAt in -lGLU... yes

(wine git release, Debian Testing, Acer Aspire 5310)

Regards.