[Wine] 3D accelleration and Intel 940/945GM/GMS/GML

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 06:30:15 CST 2007

> Perhaps they're not  as efficient as nvidia/ati gfx cards but  the 945GM
> shows acceptable performances on windows (people reports running 3D
> games like HL2/Halo/...)

Yes I know many people are able to play Windows-Games with reduced
details and resolution.
On Linux the situation is different because the open-source 3d drivers
really suck - you won't be able to play things more complex than
Quake3 or Tuxracer ^^
Even direct ports which are no problem to play on Windows perform
_really_ poor on Linux :-/

lg Clemens