[Wine] How to instruct Wine to use MSIE rendering engine by default instead of Gecko?

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 23:05:38 CST 2007

Hi,

I need to debug some complex Javascript that leaks in MSIE (no leaks
in Firefox though). For this purpose, I am trying to utilize programs
like Drip and sIEve. Both programs fail under Wine, and my guess is,
they try to use Gecko as the rendering engine (and this is not what's
desired: Gecko works fine with my stuff).

Now, provided that MSIE can be installed under Wine, and works, can
its rendering engine substitute Gecko?

PS Both programs fail with this message in stderr (numbers may be
different, but error message is the same):

fixme:mshtml:HTMLDocument_QueryInterface
(0x13fc48)->({d30c1661-cdaf-11d0-8a3e-00c04fc9e26e}  0x33f648)
interface not supported

followed by page fault, etc.

Thanks.

--