[Wine] MDAC 2.7/2.8

Rick Knight rick_knight at rlknight.com
Tue Oct 2 18:17:42 CDT 2007

Has anyone had any success in getting Microsoft Data Access Components
2.7 or 2.8 working? I have an application, FabTrolMRP, that looks like
it will work OK on wine except that it needs to connect to an MSSQL
database. Normal installation of this app on Windows boxes includes
running  ODBC Data Source Administrator and  making an SQL connection to
the FabTrol database. When I duplicate this on  Linux under Wine
everything seems to go well and I am able to establish a connection to
the database but at the last step, the database cannot be found. Anyone
have any suggestion for getting past this last bit?

Thanks,
Rick Knight