[Wine] Two versions of Wine ?

Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Tue Oct 9 03:26:17 CDT 2007

On Tuesday 09 October 2007, my mailbox was graced by a missive
 from Pavel Troller <patrol at sinus.cz> who wrote:

> > Net result, the Garmin Mapsource app now loads and runs perfectly, which
> > it did not do before.

>   Does your Mapsource communicate with the GPS ? Mine doesn't (with Garmin
> Etrex Vista). It detects the GPS properly but an attempt to download a map
> tells me that GPS doesn't react. Which version of Mapsource are you using ?

It does, but my receiver communicates through the serial port; I believe yours
uses USB which is brings in different problems.
Using MapSource 6.11.5 "Legacy" version from the Garmin website.

                       Progress in physics is achieved
                            by denying the obvious
                        and accepting the impossible.
                                    -- Robert Heinlein