[Wine] Screen font size

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Tue Oct 9 07:40:02 CDT 2007

On Tuesday October 9 2007 08:41, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI wrote:
>  Probably very simple, but I cannot find it:
>
> Is there a way to increase the size of the screen fonts used by Wine and
> apps running under Wine ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ron.

	There is setting in winecfg in current version but it have strangely low
maximum limit so it is useless in most cases. This is how I do it. Execute to
make sure that WINE is really closed (if you forgot this step then registry
changes may "magically" disappear):

wineserver -k

	Now open registry with your favorite editor. I like nano, but you can use
kwrite or any other you like:

nano ~/.wine/system.reg

	Search for "LogPixels" there. You will see something like this:

"LogPixels"=dword:00000060

	Change 60 to something more suitable. For example this is what I use with my
two displays (one with resolution 1680x1050 and another one with 1280x1024):

"LogPixels"=dword:00000095

	Save the registry. Now you can try to launch notepad to see the result:

wine notepad

	If you don't like the result repeat all steps. If you like it then you're
done.