[Wine] 0.9.47 Tahoma Font Regression?

Nigel Liang ncliang at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 16:04:06 CDT 2007

> Hi,
>
> - From the Release Notes, I can see that there has been a change regarding
> new Tahoma font. So I'm suspecting that it caused the following anomaly
> on my system (if it is caused by other problem, pls do prompt me too):
>
> I has been able to render Chinese characters in some Window-based
> non-Unicode applications (e.g., uTorrent) with the following locale
> settings:
>         export LANG=
>         export LC_ALL=
>         export LC_CTYPE=zh_CN.UTF-8
>         export LC_COLLATE=zh_CN.gb18030
> Though the fonts were not as beautiful as I could get from Ubuntu
> natively, they were pretty much usable.
>
> After upgrading to 0.9.47 (both using prebuilt Ubuntu binary and one
> that I built from source), all the Chinese characters were turned into
> colons (':') with the same locales. Trying the above locale with
> notepad, it works fine, but for uTorrent, etc., no Chinese characters
> were displayed.
>
> Do you have any idea if this is indeed caused by the new Tahoma font? Or
> if there is anything that I can experiment to fix it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Freddie
Hi,

Does adding fontlink registries following these instructions [1] help?
If not, please try regression testing to find the commit that broke it
and file a bug for it in bugzilla. Instructions for regression testing
can be found here [2].

Thanks,
-Nigel

[1] http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-users/2007-May/027296.html