[Wine] Colour depth detection fails in wine (16 bit)

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Tue Oct 23 08:54:22 CDT 2007

On Tuesday October 23 2007 12:57, Julian Pilfold-Bagwell wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to run a school CAD app called Prodesktop in wine 0.9.46 and
> have a problem with the detection of colour depth. X is set to run at
> 1024x768 which is fine as far as the app goes and the colour depth is
> set to 24 bit.
>
> When the app runs, it complains that it requires 16 bit colour, or
> greater and then shuts down. Is this a problem anyone else has run into
> possibly with a solution?

	Please report a bug at http://bugs.winehq.org .
	In your bug report please provide following information along with the OS and
WINE you are using:

	1) What happens if you try to run the program in X server with 16 bit depth?
	2) What happens if you try to run the program in virtual desktop? If you
don't know how, this is simple, just execute:

wine explorer /desktop=800x600,desktop_name_you_like program.exe

	Filling a bug report is very important if you want to get your bug fixed
because most developers don't read wine-users mailing list.
	Thank you for using WINE.