[Wine] no jack option in audio selection

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 17:12:07 CDT 2007

Thanks for helping...

On 10/29/07, L. Rahyen <research at science.su> wrote:

>         Actually everyone who is in the AUTHORS list is a developer but
> most of them
> never used Jack.
>         However I will try to help you anyway (I know little about Jack
> but it seems
> that others at this list cannot help unfortunately). Please answer the
> following questions:
>
>         0) Are you using 64-bit distro?

no, 32bit

        1) Do you have 32-bit Jack libraries correctly installed?

I have libjack0.100.0 and libjack0.100.0-dev installed from the apt
repositories.  I have also compiled Puredata, audacity, and an application
that I am working on that all use jack successfully.  I assume these are the
32-bit libraries.

        2) What is the output of the following command (execute it at the
> root of
> WINE' source directory):

./configure | grep -i jack

r at ubuntu:~/src/wine-0.9.47$ ./configure | grep -i jack
checking jack/jack.h usability... yes
checking jack/jack.h presence... yes
checking for jack/jack.h... yes
checking for -ljack... not found
config.status: creating dlls/winejack.drv/Makefile

so the -ljack is most likely the problem.  However, I have libjack in
/usr/lib:
r at ubuntu:~$ ls /usr/lib/libjack*
/usr/lib/libjack-0.100.0.so.0  /usr/lib/libjack-0.100.0.so.0.0.23
/usr/lib/libjackasyn.so.0  /usr/lib/libjackasyn.so.0.11
/usr/lib/libjack.la  /usr/lib/libjack.so

so I guess I need to make the configure script see libjack, which it isn't
doing currently.

regards,
rich