[Wine] New Wine help and discussion forum

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 17:39:14 CDT 2007

On Monday 29 October 2007, Luke Bratch wrote:
> Is there some problem with the wine-users mailing list
> at the moment?
>
> It already exists as one central place for Wine users
> to discuss Wine.

Some people just don't like mailing lists and prefer forums.

They generally tend to be the younger generation (not like us old farts
that detest forums and are most comfortable with an ml), so maybe it's
a visual communication medium thing.

Whatever the reason, it's not specially relevant. Some folk want a forum
and are not happy till they have one. Almost every tech ml I am on
(except lkml and LUG lists) has a forum as well for this reason. I
think it's one of those things that it doesn't help to fight against so
we should just let the wine-forum founder get on, do his thing and
cater to the WIne users that prefer it so

alan

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com