[Wine] Anyone compiled a 64 bit version from source??

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Tue Oct 30 01:55:09 CDT 2007

On Monday October 29 2007 22:37, Michael D. Johnson wrote:
> Preferably SUSE, but I'll take help from any one who has done a 64 bit
> version.
>
> Mike

	Currently there is no active work to bring true 64-bit support (to run 64-bit
Windows applications). If you are a developer, you are welcome to help. If
you are an user then you can wait for few years for true 64-bit support or,
if you want just to run 32-bit Windows applications then use 32-bit WINE
(this is what almost all users want).
	I know nothing about SUSE but in Debian or Ubuntu you can install 32-bit WINE
package with dpkg -i --force-architecture command or by installing 64-bit
package with 32-bit WINE as usual from your repository. Something similar
should be available in other distributions.