[Wine] Unhandled page fault

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Tue Oct 30 14:23:26 CDT 2007

On Tuesday October 30 2007 17:59, Pedro Araújo wrote:
> I've just tried running wineprefix create and run top via ssh, only to
> see rundll32.exe getting 92%+ of CPU. When I killed it, the message
> returned was more informative than the one I got with Wine:
>
> wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000348 at address
> 0x7e5b75ec (thread 0009), starting debugger...
> Can't attach process 0008: error 5
> ./tools/wineprefixcreate: line 173:  3977 Killed
> "${WINELOADER:-$bindir/wine}" rundll32.exe
> setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 wine.inf
>
> Does this tell you anything?
>
> - Pedro.

	Try to run:

wineserver -k

	Does this changes something? If not, try to reboot - maybe your hardware or
proprietary drivers are buggy; if this is the case reboot will help. If
neither wineserver -k nor reboot doesn't help then try to run WINE with
strace, maybe this give more information about what happens.