[Wine] Wine does not start apps when connected to a Windows network

Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes alex at thehandofagony.com
Sun Sep 9 08:52:13 CDT 2007

Hi,

I'm having this weird problem with all computers I have tried, but they all
run Gentoo so it may still be a configuration problem.  What happens is that
all apps run through Wine work fine on my computer, but if I start another
computer in the network in Windows, I am not able to start most applications
with Wine; or rather, they hang foverer instead of starting.  This happens to
nearly all applications, but not all.  Examples that work fine include
regedit, but winecfg and wordpad do not.

Does anyone have a solution for this?  It is especially troublesome when
playing network games, as you can imagine.

Regards,

Alexander N. Sørnes