[Wine] everquest and an inverted screen

Charity Abbott angeliqer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 10:27:16 CDT 2007

Performance was great on a Athlon XP 2700+ with 1.5 gig ram Nvidia
Geforce 7300 GS 512mb onboard video ram. Used the best models and
highest texture quality with spell effects and social animations all
on. It seems pixel and vertex shaders are not supported or not
configurable. Turning them on and off does nothing to the look of the
game like it does in Windows. I can't really tell if they're on or
off. I'll have to see if I can do a side by side comparison with my
laptop which is running, ugh, Vista. I haven't messed with wine
options much. Changing from Windows 2000 to Windows XP behaviour
doesn't seem to do anything. I did use a desktop 1280x1024. You still
have to keep EQ in windowed mode or the mouse cursor gets stuck for me
at least. Things seem to run better in a wine desktop than managed
windows.