[Wine] how to stop cursor blinking in wine GUI

Henry Zhou zhoujiafan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 15:14:20 CDT 2007

Hi all wine users and developers,

I have a touch question which I have been searching answers for quite a long
time to configure wine but still have not solved yet. Wine is the only
Windows program simulator running in Linux which I use, however one thing
annoying me is that currently the cursor is always blinking in the GUI. For
example, the editplus running in wine. Something it really drives me
crazy... really..

I need to find out a way to stop cursor from blinking, which GUI component
on Linux does wine built on? KDE or Gnone, or totally something else?

Also I tried to edit the wine registry as follows:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> CONTROL PANEL -> Desktop -> CursorBlinkRate = -1 (This
is the way to stop cursor blinking in windows, but it does not work)

So any idea how to do this?

Following is my system environment:

Linux Fedora Core 5
Kernel version: 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5
Wine version:0.9.30 (shown in the wine configuration panel)

Regards,
Jiafan