[Wine] problem with exec,system,WinExec, C functions

Paul Romanyszyn pgr at arcelectronicsinc.com
Thu Sep 13 11:31:30 CDT 2007

Geoff Streeter wrote:
> At 2007-09-13 11:24, Romeo Petruca wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i'm using openwatcom under wine, all is ok, but next code will not work:
>>
>> #include <windows.h>
>> void main( void ) {
>>     system( "foo.exe" );
>> }
>>
>> same problem for:
>>
>> #include <windows.h>
>> void main( void ) {
>>     WinExec( "foo.exe", SW_SHOW );
>> }
>>
>> where "foo.exe" is a windows console aplication
>>
>> if i try to launch foo.exe with wine in a terminal window is working
>>
>> example:
>>
>> wine foo.exe
>>
>> is working fine !
>>
>> how can i make my code working ?
>>
>> --
>> George Enescu 16/13
>> Hunedoara
>> mobil: 0720301842
>> tel.   : 0354401534
>
> system() uses a shell to parse the command line. In the old days it
> used to be a Bourne shell. These days it is probably bash. So try:
>          system("wine foo.exe");
>
> Geoff
Unless it is a regression in the last week, rebuilding current git now.
I have been using this in borland BC++4.5 and it works with ubuntu 7.04
and has for several other distro's in the last few years. It is a 16 bit
application.

Paul R.

stpcpy(comandstr,"kpnl320.exe ");
strcat(comandstr,_argv[0]); /* pass executable file name to application */
if (FindWindow(0,"Simulator EDD-320") == NULL)
    WinExec(comandstr,SW_SHOWNA);