[Wine] Compiling git on FC7 64 bit

Duane Clark fpga at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 14 14:44:55 CDT 2007

Having just upgraded to FC7, 64 bit (from FC4, 32 bit), I seem to be
having a compile problem with a current git version of Wine. I am
assuming plenty of others have already run into this and figured out the
fix. It is pretty much a stock FC7, with only a few additional packages
added so far (cups-devel, freetype, a few others).

Compiling works until here:
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/wine/dlls/opengl32'

../../tools/winegcc/winegcc -B../../tools/winebuild -shared
./opengl32.spec    opengl_ext.o opengl_norm.o wgl.o     version.res
-o opengl32.dll.so  -luser32 -lgdi32 -ladvapi32 -lkernel32 -lntdll
-L/usr/lib64  -lSM -lICE -lXxf86vm -lXext -lX11  -lGL
../../libs/port/libwine_port.a
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libSM.so when searching
for -lSM
...(about a dozen more)

wgl.o: In function `wglUseFontOutlines_common':
/home/wine/dlls/opengl32/wgl.c:387: undefined reference to `gluNewTess'
...(about a dozen more)

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
winegcc: gcc failed.

So the first thing I notice is that the command gets the -L/usr/lib64
flag for some reason, even though all the rest of the files are compiled
with gcc -m32. I can manually edit the Makefile and change it to
/usr/lib, but I assume that should not be required.

That does not remove the undefined reference messages. Near the top of
dlls/opengl32/wgl.c, there is:
#ifdef HAVE_GL_GLU_H
#undef far
#undef near
#include <GL/glu.h>
#endif

My config.log shows:
#define HAVE_GL_GLU_H 1

And I do have /usr/include/GL/glu.h which does contain prototypes for
the glu* functions.

So any ideas what I might be missing?