[Wine] Compiling git on FC7 64 bit

Fabrice DELENTE fabrice.delente at free.fr
Fri Sep 14 14:57:22 CDT 2007

> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libSM.so when searching
> for -lSM
> ...(about a dozen more)

ld searches for 32-bit libraries, and doesn't find them. You could try
prepending configure with LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib, if your 32-bit libs are there.

> So the first thing I notice is that the command gets the -L/usr/lib64
> flag for some reason, even though all the rest of the files are compiled
> with gcc -m32. I can manually edit the Makefile and change it to
> /usr/lib, but I assume that should not be required.

It may be a bit overkill but to be sure that wine (or other apps) would
compile cleanly as 32-bit in a 64-bit environment, I installed a gcc cross
compiler; you can have a look at http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/, where you
will find a script for automagically setting up a cross-compiler toolchain.

I hope it'll help.

--
Fabrice DELENTE